Pages

Monday 19 August 2013

My Recount


Night at the Stadium





Having  seen rugby legends on tv and them have  fun, well some bumps and bruises, but I just don’t want to get hurt.

On a dark and lonely Saturday night  of the holidays my family parked right in front of a  famous stadium in Rugby and the Itm cup. It was Albany’s favourite land mark, it was North Habour Stadium. My mum had to go to her union meeting  in one long, bored and tired hour. So it was tiring but we had do something. We  went and  stayed closely outside and been amazed it was a big Stadium. Seeing all the shops where people get food and shirts did make me jealous but I did get a hotdog there.

Right after 9.30 pm I checked how long the width of the stadium was but I didn’t take long until I was trapped between a rock and a hard place. It was frustrating not to get it right because I will just go sleep half way. At least I had a try at the measuring and  it will be last time I will do that again.

By now it was 9.50 pm, we had to go and hop back in the car and slowly that  North harbour Stadium  faded out of sight like I was blind and I could barely remember what happened.
While being at my mum’s union meeting  made me think. “Would I ever go back or I just let it slip like all the other ones.” I felt sad and blessed that I didn’t spend longer but I did  have happy moments there. But again I might come back grown up.  

By Pote  

No comments:

Post a Comment